North Walton Trail
- City: Bentonville
- Number of Miles: 1.0
- Type of Trail: Concrete
- Trailblazer role: Project Managers
- Designer(s): Boulder Construction, Sand Creek Engineering
- Permitting Agencies: City of Bentonville, ADEQ
- Contractor(s): Boulder Construction
- Easement & Property Acquisition: 20 total properties
- Construction Administration: Trailblazers
- Date of Build: 2018
- Funding Partner(s): Walton Family Foundation
About this Project
- This trail project connects the Walton Blvd Trail to Slaughter Pen
- Interesting features: The project has 2 tunnels
- Challenges: Working in a tight valley and with neighborhood POA’s.
- Advantages: A north south pedestrian connection that provides access to neighborhoods, commercial centers, restaurants, retail and multiple parks.
- Benefit of the Community it serves: Another form of access to amenities other than using your vehicle
- Why is the project special?: It was nearly 10 years in property access, design, construction to make this project happen.