Trailblazers Bike Club
Trailblazers Bike Club is an educational and FUN program that is designed for schools and community organizations to teach kids in grades 2-5 bicycle safety and bike handling skills. The program includes 10 student bikes, 2 adult bikes, 12 helmets, curriculum, program supplies, training for club leaders and ongoing support and guidance to make your program a success.
NEW for 2022: 4 full programs will be granted to schools throughout the state of Arkansas.
Bike Clubs work to build self-esteem, inspire healthy lifestyles, and encourage individual responsibility along the way. In the program, the students gain confidence while learning to ride bicycles on campus, area trails, and on approved neighborhood streets while also being encouraged to walk and bike to school.
Trailblazers Bike Club is a full 6-part curriculum which teaches bike handling skills through games, activities and challenges. This program is designed specifically for kids in grades 2-5 who already have the skill to balance and pedal a bike.
Create a positive, safe, and fun environment for students to learn to safely use bicycle skills while fostering camaraderie.
- Facilitate and hone kids’ bicycling skills through activities and games
- Build self-esteem, inspire healthy lifestyles, and encourage individual responsibility
- Introduces kids to a life-long sport
- Ride on school or community center campus and on area trails and neighborhood streets
- Provide mentoring and supervision by teachers, and experienced adult mentors.
- Encourage walking and biking to school
Now accepting applications for Spring 2023 implementation. Deadline to apply is December 17, 2022.
If you have questions, email Gabriela@WeAreTrailblazers.org