Park Springs Park
About this Project:
In late 2021 early 2022 Park Springs Park was redesigned to enhance the park experience to be more multi-modal for all users, not just people on bikes but for all ages and abilities. A challenge for this design was the at-grade water crossings and city engineer standards not allowing the grandfathering of the original bridges crossing the creek. Our team had to find an affordable solution that didn't subtract from the trail aesthetic. The trail surface previously was a typical Ozark rocky native soil with lots of rocks, but recently enhances to provide a smoother red clay and decomposed granite mix that will hold up to weather events much better than most other native soil surfaces.
• City: Bentonville
• Number of Miles: 1.5
• Type of Trail: Multi-Use Soft-Surface
• Trailblazer role: Design something better in the existing footprint of PSP.
• Designer(s): Trailblazers and PTD.
• Permitting Agencies: City of Bentonville
• Contractor(s): Progressive Trail Design
• Easement & Property Acquisition: No
• Construction Administration: Yes
• Date of Build: 12/21-3/22
• Funding Partner(s): WPPG