Details of Project:
• City: Fayetteville
• Number of Miles: 20 (when completed), approximately 10 miles have been completed to date.
• Type of Trail: single-track, soft surface.
• Trailblazer role: Design and seek corridor approval and perform cost estimates for grant request.
• Designer(s): Trailblazers
• Permitting Agencies: City of Fayetteville
• Contractor(s): Rogue Trail Building, Rock Solid
• Easement & Property Acquisition: Yes
• Construction Administration: Yes
• Date of Build: October 2018- On-going
• Funding Partner(s): WPPG and WFF
About this Project
• Why did we do this project: To create an iconic loop around Fayetteville that serves the community for an epic experience for long-distance pursuits.
• Interesting features: Unique in the fact that it passes through a myriad of landscapes and the trail experience reflects this.
• Challenges: low lying areas, back alleys and the reluctance from residents to have new trail added has been challenging.