Crystal Bridges Trail
Number of Miles:
Type of Trail: Concrete
Permitting Agencies: City of Bentonville,
Contractor(s): Boulder Construction
Easement & Property Acquisition:
Date of Build: 2019 -
Funding Partner(s): Walton Family Foundation
About this project
1. Why did we do this project: This section of trail was originally designed and built to provide access through Compton Gardens and continue to north Bentonville
2. Interesting features: It traverses through a botanical garden full of native plants and wildlife. Views to the beautiful Crystal Bridges Museum
3. Challenges: This project was one of the first design build projects working with a local contractor Boulder Construction. Keeping as many trees as we could and minimizing the steep grade of the trail was a challenge due to the topography of the area.
4. Advantages: Direct connection to Crystal Bridges by pedestrians or cyclists from the Downtown Bentonville Square
5. Benefit of the Community it serves: This trail is the funnel to not only a world class museum but the start of Slaughter Pen Mountain bike trails.
6. Why is the project special: There are roughly 50k users per month using this section of trail. It is the highest used pedestrian section of trail in all of NWA.